Carrot Seeds for Planting Home Garden
Carrots are widely grown in the mid and highlands of Ethiopia. They have a high content of carotene (a precursor of vitamin A). which prevents night blindness. They also contain appreciable quantities of vitamin B (thiamine and riboflavin). They’re rich in beta-carotene, a compound your body changes into vitamin A, which helps keep your eyes healthy. And beta-carotene helps protect your eyes from the sun and lowers your chances of cataracts and other eye problems. Yellow carrots have lutein, which is also good for your eyes. 100% Organic and Eco-friendly packed. Cultivate your own farm in your home and be healthy.
“Follow Our Traditional Cultivation & Have Healthy Lifestyle”
Carrots are established by direct seeding in the seedbed. The seeding rate is about 5 kg per ha. In rained crops, rows 25 cm apart are traced across the width of the seedbed, and seeds are drilled 5 cm apart within the row at the depth of 1 cm. In irrigated crops, 4 rows of carrots are sown at the same spacing along the raised seedbed. Seeds are often mixed with sand (2 sand: 1 seed) to ease handling and uniform spacing of seeds. Carrot seeds are slow to germinate and seedlings are rather weak. Cover the seedbed with grass after sowing and water them adequately. Carefully
remove the grass when seeds germinate. This popular and versatile veggie may taste slightly different depending on the color, size, and where it’s grown. The sugar in carrots gives them a slightly sweet flavor, but they also can taste earthy or bitter.
Scope For Cultivation of Carrot:
Carrots grow very slowly for the first few weeks thus they can’t compete with weeds. Repeated shallow cultivation is necessary to keep down weeds especially in the
early stages of growth. Deep cultivation may be injurious to roots as many of them are found within 5 cm of the surface. Keep the top of the roots covered with soil to avoid greening especially with Nantes types. Carrots need finely prepared the soil for good seed germination and proper root development. Therefore, fields to be grown with carrots should be sloughed to a depth of 30 cm, finely prepared, and level. A raised seedbed 1 m wide, 10 m length, and 20 cm height are prepared especially in areas with poor drainage and during the long rainy season. About 40 cm wide furrows are used between the
beds for irrigation.
Nutritive Value Of Carrot :
Carbohydrates: 6 g
Sugars : 3 g
Protein : 0.5 g
Fiber: 2 g
Calories: 25 (kcal)
Carrots are a great source of important vitamins and minerals. A half-cup can give you up to:
- 73% of your daily requirement of vitamins A
- 9% of your daily vitamins K
- 8% of your daily potassium and fiber
- 5% of your daily vitamin C
- 2% of your daily Calcium and iron
The Benefits of Carrot:
- Reducing the risk of cancer Antioxidants have been proven to fight off harmful free radicals in your body, and that can make you less likely to have cancer. The two main types of antioxidants in carrots are carotids and anthologists. Carotids give carrots their orange and yellow colors, while anthologists are responsible for red and purple coloring.
- They’re good for your eye This is probably the best-known carrot superpower. They’re rich in beta-carotene, a compound your body changes into vitamin A, which helps keep your eyes healthy. And beta-carotene helps protect your eyes from the sun and lowers your chances of cataracts and other eye problems.
- They help your heart. First, all those antioxidants are also good for your heart. Second, the potassium in carrots can help keep your blood pressure in check. And third, they have fiber, which can help you stay at a healthy weight and lower your chances of heart disease.
- Vitamins and minerals Carrots are a good source of several vitamins and minerals, especially biotin, potassium, and vitamins A (from beta carotene), K1 (phylloquinone), and B6.
- Vitamin A: Carrots are rich in beta carotene, which your body converts into vitamin A. This nutrient promotes good vision and is important for growth, development, and immune function.
- Biotin: A B vitamin formerly known as vitamin H, biotin plays an important role in fat and protein metabolism.
- Vitamin K1: Also known as phylloquinone, vitamin K1 is important for blood coagulation and can promote bone health.
- Potassium: An essential mineral, potassium is important for blood pressure control.
- Vitamin B6: A group of related vitamins, B6 is involved in the conversion of food into energy.
- It is 100% Organic & hence friendly to nature.
- The best organic supplement for home gardening is free from all types of pesticides.
- It is produced by composting all sorts of organic matter.
For example- food waste, dairy waste, plant waste like leaves, straw, husk & poultry litter like cow dung, etc.,
Why buy from ABONO?
- “ABONO” is on a mission to make our earth a better place to live in.
- We encourage people to grow their own food & increase green cover by making space for natural live plants at our homes or offices for a healthier and happier life.
“Let’s join hands – sow a seed, grow a plant & make a difference”
|Dimensions||20 × 20 × 20 cm|